Our lake is a very recent addition to Field Head Farm so please feel free to walk round and enjoy it.
It is presently home to a variety of young fish, but we intend to stock it for fishing in April 2020 with Mirror Carp to 5lb, Roach, Crucian Carp and Bronze Beam. Fishing will be available exclusively to CL guests only at the price of £5 a day or a weekend rate of £10.
We will be operating the lake with a fishing syndicate who will be using it as a Nursery for their fish to mature. Due to the nature of the species we will stock, there will be a few conditions for fishers to take note of.
Built with nature in mind, our lake is already to home to much wildlife such as frogs, newts with a spectacular display of dragonflies this summer, we’re hoping more will join them.
Polite requests – Our lake is very deep, so we recommend children do not walk round the lake unsupervised. You’re welcome to walk your dogs around the lake but should someone be fishing they will need to be on a lead and always cleared up after.
Other things to note:
• Fishing is only permitted from the field side of the lake
• Barbless hooks, large landing nets and unhooking mats are compulsory and available to hire. Keep nets are not permitted
• Only rod is to be fished at any one time and juniors must be accompanied by an adult
• Floating baits are permitted, but no nuts of any description to be used. Bait can be bought on site
• Please remove all litter from site
• Swimming is not advised due to the nature of the pond’s underwater features.
• There will often be cattle in the adjoining fields, we request that guests do not feed the animals and remain within the lake site in the interests of their own safety.